Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

Near the end of May '18, I made a resume with MPR because I was plotting a career change. I had no clue about the monthly subscription fee and wish I'd have noticed it sooner, but in all fairness, they only got me for about $50. The reason I'm pissed is there's no reason something like this should even carry a subscription fee (let alone such a hefty one!). Everything that this website offers is offered somewhere else for free, and while I was more than willing to pay the $3 or $4 for the sheer convenience, I had no idea I'd be shelling out $50 more!

It's my fault for the loss and most of my anger is directed at myself. I'm usually cautious enough to avoid things like this after all. MPR's business practices are still underhanded and shady though, and I hope to stoke the flames further by leaving this review.

You guys honestly must be out of your *** minds to charge what you do. I hope the money is good, and I'm sure it is, because you guys will eventually collapse under the weight of mounting negative press.

Your product is not worth the price tag. Let's compare some other subscription services to yours, shall we? They're different services of course, but I think this will really drive home what I'm trying to say.

a) Netflix: anywhere from $8/mo to $14/mo. You get access to thousands of movies and television shows that can be accessed from virtually anywhere and by multiple people depending on your plan.

b) Hulu: $8/mo. Again, you get access to thousands of movies and television shows.

c) Amazon Prime: $13/mo for free two-day shipping on a diverse and ever-growing selection of goods. You also get access to movies and television shows.

d) Playstation Plus: $50/yr (not even $5/mo) and you get online multiplayer, free games, discounts, access to betas, and more.

e) Crunchyroll: $7/mo for unlimited to access to over 800 anime which can be accessed from virtually anywhere.

And finally, drumroll...

MY PERFECT RESUME!

f) My Perfect Resume: How fitting it is that F should be the letter for your service! F, which is what I'd award your service if I were grading it. $25/mo for shitty, cliche buzzword driven career seeking advice (most of which is free elsewhere) and access to what is basically a glorified word processor with templates available that are actually far worse than many available for free. A transparent cash grab that I unknowingly walked right into.

I'm pissed you guys got $50 from me, but I'm elated to know that you won't get a single penny more since I've cancelled my subscription. And if this feedback isn't helpful enough, here's my advice to you schmucks: lower your *** prices! I can see no reason other than greed belying the outrageous cost of membership for your "service," a service that I've demonstrated as being unneeded and overpriced, and one that takes advantage of consumer desire for quick fixes and search engine metadata mechanics.

{{Redacted}}

Review about: My Perfect Resume Subscription.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Cancelling my subscription.

I didn't like: This is theft by all means, Deceptive billing practices.

Comments

LiveCareerUS

We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused and we're deeply sorry to hear you experienced this with our company! Under no circumstance do we like to hear this kind of news.

However, we would like to take this opportunity to clarify some information regarding our products and services.When you signed up for our product you agreed to our 'Terms and Conditions' as well as our 'Privacy Terms'. Once you select our 14-day trial enrollment, you are automatically enrolled in our monthly subscription service, which we let you know at this stage that you may cancel at any time.

Also when we request your credit card information, we clearly explain that unless you self cancel or request a cancellation before the 14-day trial expires, you authorize us to charge your account every four weeks at the current rate of the subscription.If you require a more detailed information regarding the charges on your account, please send us a email to social@myperfectresume.com include the full name of the account holder along side with the Account ID or email address associated with the account.We want to thank you for sharing your feedback, since we are always looking for ways to better our service, and your feedback is an invaluable part of that process. If you need help in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly, as we'll be very happy to assist you personally with anything you need.

GlitteringRobin
to LiveCareerUS #1518210

Sounds like the same reply you give to everyone. I hope you feel good about yourself and your deceptive practices.

If you really cared about comments and fixing good will you would refund everyone's money that you so greedily take under false pretenses. Clearly you don't, since your ratings are low.