15.5K views

I signed up for a resume builder to use because it was only $2.95 and seemed worthwhile. I did not read anything about signing up for a monthly program.

Why would anyone need a monthly program for 1 resume? After reviewing my bank acount I discovered that the company has been billing my debit card $34.95 a month ever since I initially signed up. I was not aware that this was happening and now realize that I have been taken advantage of.

I believe this is a scam to get you to sign up for a one time use and then plan to charge your account each month after until they are caught. They are unwilling to refund any of the money.

Product or Service Mentioned: My Perfect Resume Account.

Comments

This happened to my husband 733 dollars before my husband even realised we paid some small fee to download the resume and all of a sudden 34.95 was taken out !! Rand they wouldn't do a thing about it very angry a scam stay away

I know this post isn’t new, but this just happened to me, I had no clue they were taking $34+ a month out of my account for a $2 and some change one time resume. I NEVER signed up for a damn subscription! I feel at a loss, because there’s nothing I can do.

Same thing happened to my son! He called to cancel after they took 2 monthly payments out of 24.99 and they never canceled it.

They just took another payment out! Called bank to dispute and cancel card so they cant take anymore.

Same *** happen to me!!!

#1520009

Same thing happened to me. I signed up for the one month free trial and canceled before the month was up.

That was in September 2017 its now July 2018 and while combing through my bank account to trim some expenses I discovered a monthly charge of 24.95 from my perfect resume. They have been charging 24.95 to my account for the last 10 months! Totaling a loss of $249.50! I have no communications from them regarding these charges not even a receipt in my email.

I just called their customer service line and was told I would be refunded for 3 months and the remaining 7 months were submitted to corporate for review.

I am floored by the amount of people who've experienced the same thing and am very empathetic. Obviously, I am hoping for a full refund but judging from the trail of complaints regarding this companies operating reputation I am doubtful of that outcome.

Same thing happened to me, just realized it! I got charged $25 a month without even realizing it.

Same thing happened to me! I'm not sure how a one time payment of 2.95 turned into my Visa getting billed 24.95 6 TIMES A MONTH!!!!!!!!

They will be hearing from me and my bank.

What a scam. SHUT THEM DOWN!

I have been scammed as well!! They have secretly billed me $25 a month, when it was a $2.95 one time fee!! Horrible.

Same thing happened to me as well. Customer service can’t speak proper English and it’s like pulling teeth to cancel!

This is borderline illegal practice! But I noticed they are based in PR so that’s probably how they get away with it

Great. This is happening to me as well as charge me like a dollar and some change to build my resume and now I just got a message from my debit card at it took $34 how do I stop this I emailed them so I have to wait to hear back but when I go to login it doesn't even recognize my email address. Is there no hope for me to get that money back.

They took $50 out of my account without me knowing or approval. I spoke with a guy and he didn’t want to talk about my situation at all the only thing he was offering me was a reduced new payment of 12.94/ mth.

I declined and he recommended for me to take a new offer of $5/ mth. Very aggravating and I will never even consider using them again

I was able to catch them the first month and only lost the $34, My Perfect Resume is clearly a scam and i would not recommend using them.

to JacobC1998 #1401701

How did you get out of it I’ve lost $70 so far!

to Taleisha #1410541

Call them. They will cancel it , and I also have had the same problem.

Just call them and they will cancel it. They do sound very apologetic but don’t be fooled cause after all they did steal money from you.

Same thing to me! I don't know how to unsubscribe!!

They have done the same thing to me, so I called MasterCard to block them

fight back people!!

Same here. I used it once and the cost was to be 4.95.

Just checked my bank statement and they've billed me 39.95 for the last 4 months. Needless to say I'll be on the phone tomorrow.

It's big time fraud. Debiting your money from account without notifying you.

to Anonymous Jackson, Mississippi, United States #1355520

How do you cancel the account?!

This happened to me too! I signed up for a one time thing and it continued to bill my account 24.95 twice a month for like 3 months and they were impossible to contact! I have been trying to figure out a way to get my money back and make sure it doesn't happen again but that's not happening.